POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Concept Model : Re: Concept Model Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:22:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Concept Model
From: Ben Chambers
Date: 31 Jan 2007 00:13:18
Message: <45c0256e$1@news.povray.org>
Sabrina Kilian wrote:
> I'll take three!

Sure, just make the check out to "Ben Chambers", and allow 4-6 weeks for
delivery... :)

> I think the table matches the monitor fine, both very utilitarian.
> Personally, the green checkered floor would bother me more then the
> striped walls. At least I think the floor looks green, from the
> reflections in the table legs.

Yes, it's a green / white checker.  I threw the room together in about
15 minutes, which is why I went with the simple patterns.

> The screen looks like it has some substantial depth to it, like 1/4
> inch? I could see that being troublesome if the lights in the room were
> at the wrong place, causing someone some distraction.

Yes, 1/4 inch is exactly the thickness.  What would you suggest, 1/8"?
1/16"?  No matter what the thickness is, though, placing the lights
wrong will mess things up.

> I could only suggest a laser keyboard, or holographic mouse to match.

Well, first I need to add some cords, and then work on the screenshots
(I'll probably use media for the next version, right now I'm using
actual text objects and an image_mapped box, both inside the screen).

It's hard to say what kind of keyboard or mouse would work best with a
system like this; I think I would prefer it to just remain a
touch-screen system, as anything else seems too clunky for it :)

...Chambers