POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Concept Model : Re: Concept Model Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:25:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Concept Model
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 30 Jan 2007 17:04:46
Message: <45bfc0fe$1@news.povray.org>
Ben Chambers wrote:
> OK, so the scene is crap.  I hate the walls.  The table is minimalistic.
>  The CDs and Newton's Cradle are all right, but I didn't model those
> (the CDs are Rune's, I believe, and I got Newton's Cradle off of
> POV-World).  They're just for scale, anyway.
>
> I just had an idea for a monitor that I wanted to try, and that's what I
> did.  Personally, I love the idea, and I'd love to get a screen like
> this.  I showed it to Kimberly, and she hated it, though :(
>
> FYI, the screen is 32 inches across, and 18 inches down (16x9 ratio),
> meaning it would be considered a 37" monitor.  That's a beast, but a
> beautiful one, IMO :)
>
> ...Chambers

I'll take three!

I think the table matches the monitor fine, both very utilitarian.
Personally, the green checkered floor would bother me more then the
striped walls. At least I think the floor looks green, from the
reflections in the table legs.

The screen looks like it has some substantial depth to it, like 1/4
inch? I could see that being troublesome if the lights in the room were
at the wrong place, causing someone some distraction.

I could only suggest a laser keyboard, or holographic mouse to match.