POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Radiosity Question : Radiosity Question Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:27:27 EDT (-0400)
  Radiosity Question
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 30 Jan 2007 11:53:26
Message: <45bf7806@news.povray.org>
Howdy,

See the attached ..... given these settings I was hoping to get some
help/advice on the results of a radiosity run ....

#if (UseRad)
  radiosity {
    pretrace_start 0.08
    pretrace_end   0.005
    count 200
    nearest_count 8
    error_bound 0.7
    recursion_limit 1
    low_error_factor 0.4
    gray_threshold 0.4
    minimum_reuse 0.0075
    brightness 2.8
    normal on
    always_sample off
    adc_bailout 0.01/2
    }
  ambient_light 0
  #end

I've scaled my stucco texture in some places ..... wall with hurricane lamps
and the inside of the archways and I'm mostly satisified, however I
concerned about the appearance of the surface normals on the towers to the
left and right of the central tower. Question .... will I be able to smooth
those out with aa? This run I used +am1 +a0.03 +r3 ..... currently it takes
just under two hours, so I'm anxious to resolve the mentioned problem before
I commit to a "beauty" run .... +am2 +a0.1 +r2???? Oh yeah .... I'm leaning
towards changing the light source in the close up alcove ..... I'm not 100%
happy with that.

Thanks Jim

Post a reply to this message

Attachments: