POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : That wasn't hard : Re: That wasn't hard Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:22:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That wasn't hard
From: Darren New
Date: 26 Jan 2007 14:34:41
Message: <45ba57d1$1@news.povray.org>

> Converting it into an isosurface (by some kind of "cross-approximation"
> - has this ever been done?) to get an infinitely zoomable smooth surface
> would be thrilling...

Yeah, that would be cool. I'd call that "reimplementing the fractal
generator in SDL." :-)

I just spent about 10 times as long as I spent on the original program,
trying to get a second fractal that can patch into the middle of the
first fractal with the edges lined up, and it has me completely stumped
why all the numbers come out right but the actual picture looks wrong.
Edges don't line up, jaggies poke way out of the way, etc. :-) Moving on
to something else for the moment...

(If anyone wants the code as it stands, I can post it, but it's not
POV-specific.)

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     You know it's time to trim your beard when your