POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : That wasn't hard : Re: That wasn't hard Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:20:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: That wasn't hard
From: Jörg 'Yadgar' Bleimann
Date: 26 Jan 2007 13:39:12
Message: <45ba4ad0$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> Now... what do I do with it? Possibilities abound - tile them? Blow up
> the first one, and trace the innards on each sub-triangle? Figure out
> how to animate an infinite zoom into the fractal that way?

Converting it into an isosurface (by some kind of "cross-approximation"
- has this ever been done?) to get an infinitely zoomable smooth surface
would be thrilling... I dream of doing the very same with my
heightfields generated from SRTM data or even topographic maps - but the
  necessary math would be as mind-blowing as CPU-choking...

See you in Khyberspace!

Yadgar

Now playing: The Lake (Mike Oldfield)