POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A courtyard scene : Re: A courtyard scene Server Time
6 Aug 2024 12:27:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A courtyard scene
From: Slime
Date: 21 Jan 2007 17:52:33
Message: <45b3eeb1$1@news.povray.org>
> I like it, except that the red bricks are way too bright.  They really
> stand out against all the other colors.

I agree. You have interesting architecture in the back, but the floor is too
loud to let you notice it.

Also, you need some light on the viewer's side of the archway. Maybe a soft
spotlight falling over the walls would be good. I can tell that you want the
archway to be a frame, but it's so dark that it looks flat and fake compared
to the rest.

Maybe you could move the camera closer to the door and increase the camera
angle, to let us see more of the outside? The roof and the sky beyond it,
for instance, as well as whatever's on the left and right. You could also
move the camera down some and have it look up, so we see less of the floor
and more of the sky. I feel like there's something interesting out there,
but I can't see it.

 - Slime
 [ http://www.slimeland.com/ ]