POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lady of the Lake (70kbu) : Re: Lady of the Lake (70kbu) Server Time
3 Aug 2024 06:16:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lady of the Lake (70kbu)
From: Stefan Viljoen
Date: 18 Jan 2007 05:55:55
Message: <45af523a@news.povray.org>
Gail Shaw wrote:

> I have the movie on tape. Must be 15 years old easily.
> I watched that scene where Percival throws the sword back a couple times
> before I did this.

Ahh... epic! That film had the greatest epic / heroic music ever for me
until Braveheart.

> If you're interested... http://www.take2.co.za/product.php?id=533830

Question - I've often wondered about these gray import DVDs - especially to
S. A. from other countries - would I be able to play that in my normal
settop and region locked (I assume) DVD player? Or only on, for example,
xine in Linux which can crack CSS keys?

>> No one shall wield Excalibur...
> but me!
>
> Wasn't that when Uther put the sword into the stone?

Correct - years later I most vividly remember that scene. The sparks and the
scream of the steel sliding against the rock - ooo

> In my roleplaying campaign (which uses parallel worlds, future earth and a
> fantasy world) my character's just discovered that her great grandmother
> was Nimue (the Lady of the Lake) I wasn't expecting that....

Interesting! Ever play Morrowind and / or Oblivion? Cool stuff...

I D&D when I was still in school a bit, but stopped at a stage due to the DM
moving away, etc. etc. Interesting plot twist - sounds like you have a
kickass DM there...

--
Stefan