POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Lady of the Lake (70kbu) : Re: Lady of the Lake (70kbu) Server Time
3 Aug 2024 06:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lady of the Lake (70kbu)
From: Gail Shaw
Date: 17 Jan 2007 09:43:33
Message: <45ae3615@news.povray.org>
"Stefan Viljoen" <spa### [at] removethispolardcom> wrote in message

> Well done - there's something about the epic look in the movie that you
> managed to capture in the image. I was about 6 or 7 years old when I saw
> Excalibur (the movie) and I vividly remember the arm reaching up out of
the
> water to grab the sword.

I have the movie on tape. Must be 15 years old easily.
I watched that scene where Percival throws the sword back a couple times
before I did this.

If you're interested... http://www.take2.co.za/product.php?id=533830

> No one shall wield Excalibur...
but me!

Wasn't that when Uther put the sword into the stone?

In my roleplaying campaign (which uses parallel worlds, future earth and a
fantasy world) my character's just discovered that her great grandmother was
Nimue (the Lady of the Lake) I wasn't expecting that....