POV-Ray : Newsgroups : moray.win : For the wishlist... : Re: For the wishlist... Server Time
27 Apr 2024 23:34:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: For the wishlist...
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 17 Jan 2007 03:45:50
Message: <45ade23e$1@news.povray.org>
"Lutz Kretzschmar" <lut### [at] stmuccom> schreef in bericht

> I understand the frustrations expressed by the posters in this thread,
> I am not oblivious to them. And it pains me to have had Moray come to
> a standstill too....
>
> I still did not see any specific problems listed that POV-Ray 3.7 has
> with the output from Moray V3.5. Unfortunately, I haven't kept up with
> POV-Ray development, but are POV-Ray V3.7 scene files not compatible
> with POV-Ray V3.5 scene files?

Hi Lutz! Good to hear from you!

As far as I am aware of, there are no major compatibility issues as far as
scene files are concerned. My (older) scenes seem to run successfully under
V3.7. The main issue most people are complaining about is the impossibility
to run Moray trouble free with V3.6, and eventually with V3.7, especially
for the gain of render time when using a dual core machine.

Hope all is well with you?
And.... may we have a little hope about future Moray updates?  :-)

Thomas