POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Human model WIP : Re: Human model WIP Server Time
3 Aug 2024 00:25:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Human model WIP
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Jan 2007 03:24:12
Message: <45ab3a2c$1@news.povray.org>
Yes, I thought indeed you had a good anatomy and drawing knowledge. I think
that is really essential as a basis for good modelling of human figures, and
animals of course. Tutorials come next for the efficient use of the
modelling programs.
Adding bones to the figure would be the next logical step. I have not yet
experimented with that, but one program where you can do that is Poser. With
some add-ons (Cloth Designer from PhilC, for instance) for Poser you can
then also make or modify clothes and make them dynamic.
Strange that you cannot start Blender on your system. I have never more than
scratched the surface a bit, as I find the interface really bewildering and
the learning curve a bit too steep for casual use (have to find the time for
more serious incursions, though).

Thomas