POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Neptune seen from Triton wip : Re: Neptune seen from Triton - wip 2 Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:33:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Neptune seen from Triton - wip 2
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 20 Dec 2006 02:47:45
Message: <4588eaa1@news.povray.org>
"EagleSun" <nomail@nomail> schreef in bericht
news:web.45880104c65210e087ea6da70@news.povray.org...

> You may need to do this in 2 steps... 1: render Neptune at km scale, then
> render Triton at m scale, and use a graphics editor to put the 2 together.

That is a possibility indeed. For the time being I prefer my method: my
current scene Neptune was first rendered at a scaled down km scale. Scaled
down because of the z-buffer essentially, but keeping the apparent
proportions identical (as seen from Triton). Finally, the scene on Triton is
going to be built following more or less a m scale. The end result will be
undistinguishable from RL :-)

Thomas