POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Robot WIP : Re: Robot WIP Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Robot WIP
From: Tim Nikias
Date: 19 Dec 2006 09:52:59
Message: <4587fccb$1@news.povray.org>
John VanSickle wrote:
> Every time I hear of a new subdivision modelling program out there, I go
> and check to see if it does posable models, partly because if it does,
> and the learning curve isn't as horrid as Blender's, I can forget about
> my own modeler and work on something else.

Eh, why? Silo isn't that new actually, AFAIK it's been around 2 years...
Still, why would you forget about your own? I have fun writing scripts,
and if I'd be more inclined and much more motivated, I wouldn't mind
writing my own applications or at least add-ons to existing ones (e.g.
Silo, once 2.0 is out and plug-ins are supported).

And it's never bad to have a couple of different solutions to pick from,
only one choice for a workflow is pretty limiting...

Regards,
Tim

--
aka "Tim Nikias"