POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alternate short code image : Re: Alternate short code image Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:19:19 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alternate short code image
From: Tek
Date: 16 Dec 2006 13:18:35
Message: <4584387b$1@news.povray.org>
Well the 50/50 split is necessitated by the defaults in povray, it takes a
lot of code to lean the whole scene up or down. Though ironically my
lowest-placed entry had a much less dull composition:
http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/modelling_rendering/scc4/final/qllgxv.html
I spent a long time refining the angle of the clouds and position of the
moon relative to the camera, though even then I didn't have total freedom,
the clouds have some artefacts at the bottom of the sunny image that I've
managed to move out of frame in the night time version.

I have to say the monochrome ones largely looked too accidental for my
liking, which isn't something I like even in abstract art.

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com