POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alternate short code image : Re: Alternate short code image Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:18:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alternate short code image
From: dlm
Date: 16 Dec 2006 12:08:24
Message: <45842808$1@news.povray.org>
"Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote in message
> Wow am I a bad winner or what?! Seriously thanks to all who voted for my
> images :-) Congrats to the other winners! And thanks to Paul Bourke for
> organising this test of such a totally bizarre skill!

Tek,
Congratulations on a stunning technical tour-de-force, both in the
competition and with this image. Quite amazing.
I personally felt that your entries might have been more 'artistic' by
paying more attention to things like framing and composition.
The 50/50 upper/lower split does not lead the eye anywhere.
Some of the SCC4 monochrome submissions were artistically brilliant, but
lacked the complexity which is the hallmark of achievement.
http://local.wasp.uwa.edu.au/~pbourke/modelling_rendering/scc4/final/

DLM