POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Rendering lull : It's a tree (~100KB) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:24:13 EDT (-0400)
  It's a tree (~100KB)
From: Orchid XP v3
Date: 15 Dec 2006 17:32:51
Message: <45832293@news.povray.org>
Here's mine. Bet you can't tell what it is. (Mainly due to the poor
quality of the rendering.)

Obviously, I am nowhere near 1337 enough to make this up all by myself.
It's actually done with POV-Tree and Tom Tree. It *still* doesn't look
right. (A damn site better than my own algorithm, but it still looks
wrong. In particular, the needles differ vastly in size.)

This is actually a scaled down version of an image rendered at about
2,000 pixels square. Took slightly less than 1 hour to render on an AMD
Athlon64 in 32-bit mode. It renders faster without radiosity - but then
the lighting looks *very* weird.

If I ever finish it, it's going to go on Zazzle. The plan is to add
*lots* of fairy lights. Because I think they're pretty. :-P

PS. The checkered floor is actually supposed to be carpet tiles. We
actually have these at work. Unfortunately, the image makes it look
nothing like carpet! (The wallpaper looks pretty similar to what we have
at work though. But without the peeling...)

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'tree-09-final.jpg' (97 KB)

Preview of image 'tree-09-final.jpg'