POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Alternate short code image : Re: Alternate short code image Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:15:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alternate short code image
From: Jim Charter
Date: 15 Dec 2006 12:43:58
Message: <4582dede$1@news.povray.org>
Tek wrote:
> "Tek" <tek### [at] evilsuperbraincom> wrote in message
>
>>I entered an image of a night sky with clouds, because I thought it was
>>more impressive than this earlier verison of the scene,
>

> Typo, I meant the night version was more -technically- impressive IMO, I
> think the sunny one looks better artistically.

lol I was going to compliment "Cloudy Night" for its artistic edginess
over the prettier version. They are impressive but the contest was full
of impressive pictures. (These cloud pictures have an interesting
"Rorschach" component to them, btw)

Congrats on your winning entries.  "Dawn over the mountains" got my
vote.  The technical side of it interested me little though.  These iso
landscapes seem a well traveled route.  What impressed me was...that
given that fact, the image was constructed so carefully to produce such
a tender and delicately balanced result, that it actually overcame my
prejudices.