POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Waterfall Attempts : Re: Waterfall Attempts Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:16:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Waterfall Attempts
From: dlm
Date: 15 Dec 2006 09:28:06
Message: <4582b0f6$1@news.povray.org>
"Kirk Andrews" <kir### [at] hotmailcom> wrote in message
> I'm working on a scene that will (hopefully) feature numerous small
> waterfalls.  I'm hoping to come up with something that doesn't require
> complicated media settings and 3 days to render, but I haven't come as far
> as I would like. Perhaps someone will have some suggestions?

Kirk,
The body of water looks fine. The environment is the problem.
Three thoughts.
terrain - a natural fall, even over a ledge, will have some signs of water
scour (erosion, valley effect).
vegetation - plants like water - especially in otherwisedry places.
spray fallout - things get wet (and usually darker/more specular)