POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Waterfall Attempts : Re: Waterfall Attempts Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:15:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Waterfall Attempts
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 15 Dec 2006 03:13:28
Message: <45825928@news.povray.org>
"Kirk Andrews" <kir### [at] hotmailcom> schreef in bericht
> I'm working on a scene that will (hopefully) feature numerous small
> waterfalls.  I'm hoping to come up with something that doesn't require
> complicated media settings and 3 days to render, but I haven't come as far
> as I would like. Perhaps someone will have some suggestions?

Difficult matter, imho. I have been experimenting with a waterfall last year
with rather unconclusive results. I used Chris Colefax's spray.inc for the
waterfall.
See: http://www.geocities.com/SiliconValley/Lakes/1434/#IncludeFiles
It is similar to your first attempt. Especially at close up, it looked
unrealistic. In the distance, it looked fairly good. I tried media too, but
that took ages to render indeed.

Still, I think that your first attempt looks best.

Thomas