POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Futurustic, high-power, spacecraft : Re: Futurustic, high-power, spacecraft Server Time
6 Aug 2024 22:23:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Futurustic, high-power, spacecraft
From: Jon S  Berndt
Date: 14 Dec 2006 22:08:26
Message: <458211aa@news.povray.org>
"Tim Attwood" <tim### [at] comcastnet> wrote

Hey, I kind of like this (I think I've seen something like this in my
kitchen, too!)

A couple of notes:

1) There should be no over-expansion of the nozzle, I think. All of the flow
would be almost all directed aft.

2) I'm sure this is a WIP, but thought I'd mention that there would be more
to the engine (a lot of equipment creating magnetic fields - coils and
stuff, supply lines for fuel, etc.)

3) The structural elements would include more bracing, similar to the
trusses you see on the space station. Maybe some antennas, too (a large-ish
dish?)