POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Neptune seen from Triton wip : Re: Neptune seen from Triton wip Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:24:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Neptune seen from Triton wip
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 14 Dec 2006 09:43:24
Message: <4581630c@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> schreef in bericht

> Cyber punk before it was thought of :-) I must find copies of these books
> and reread them. I googled him yesterday and he looks really old in the
> image below. His hair is almost as white as mine :-)
> http://www.blackbird.vcu.edu/v2n2/features/delaney_s_030104/delaney_s.htm

Well, he was born in 1942, if I am correct. In a couple of years, I may
resemble him: almost as white (less than you obviously :-) ). Only my beard
is shorter...

>> The syrynx is indeed on my wishlist and I have a couple of ideas about
>> it.
>> Delany's description is sketchy, but that leaves enough latitude to
>> interpretation. The apparent mixture of different instruments (sitar,
>> guitar, theremin, harp...) is very exciting.
>
> That's it, Thomas go for the easy targets :-) I'd like to see the results.

We'll see... However, no easy targets, sir! That will be through crooked
little tunnels (all alike)... Now, let's see what *that* reminds you of!!!!
:-)

>> ....However, I think that, unconsciously, I would like to re-create RL in
>> POV-Ray!!  :-)
>
> Best of British, mate!

LOL

Thomas