POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Futurustic, high-power, spacecraft : Re: Futurustic, high-power, spacecraft Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:17:55 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Futurustic, high-power, spacecraft
From: Tek
Date: 12 Dec 2006 09:11:54
Message: <457eb8aa@news.povray.org>
Okay I had a quick mess around with the idea, I'm not sure if  "realistic"
and "futuristic" are contradictions, so I decided to go with "stupidly over
the top" and slap a huge booster on a tiny ship.

This is just a quick 10 minute nonsense but if it's at all suitable I could
add some more details to make it into a proper image :)

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com

"Jon S. Berndt" <jsb### [at] hal-pcorg> wrote in message
> Greetings:
>
> I'm looking for a cover image for the fall/winter issue of Horizons, the
> online magazine for the Houston section of AIAA (American Institute of
> Aeronautics and Astronautics). See www.aiaa-houston.org/horizons. I'm the
> volunteer editor for that publication. This issue features one or two
> articles on futuristic propulsion concepts. I'm looking for an image of a
> special, realistic, futuristic interstellar or intra-solar system
> spacecraft, that illustrates powerful propulsion as part of its design. As
> long time user of POV-Ray, I figured this would be a good place to ask
> around. If you have such an image and would be willing to let us use it in
> exchange only for image credit and acknowledgement, I'd like to hear from
> you.
>
> "Horizons" has won first place nationally two years in a row, recognized
> for
> excellence in production and content. Circulation (downloads) average
> about
> 5000 per issue (sometimes as high as 20,000 per issue). It is read with
> interest in and around Johnson Space Center near Houston, Texas.
>
> Also, if you are aware of any galleries of renderings (or paintings) of
> futuristic spacecraft, I'd appreciate hearing about those, too.
>
> Thanks!
>
> Jon
> Editor, Horizons
> AIAA Houston