POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Futurustic, high-power, spacecraft : Futurustic, high-power, spacecraft Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:20:53 EDT (-0400)
  Futurustic, high-power, spacecraft
From: Jon S  Berndt
Date: 11 Dec 2006 22:18:02
Message: <457e1f6a@news.povray.org>
Greetings:

I'm looking for a cover image for the fall/winter issue of Horizons, the
online magazine for the Houston section of AIAA (American Institute of
Aeronautics and Astronautics). See www.aiaa-houston.org/horizons. I'm the
volunteer editor for that publication. This issue features one or two
articles on futuristic propulsion concepts. I'm looking for an image of a
special, realistic, futuristic interstellar or intra-solar system
spacecraft, that illustrates powerful propulsion as part of its design. As a
long time user of POV-Ray, I figured this would be a good place to ask
around. If you have such an image and would be willing to let us use it in
exchange only for image credit and acknowledgement, I'd like to hear from
you.

"Horizons" has won first place nationally two years in a row, recognized for
excellence in production and content. Circulation (downloads) average about
5000 per issue (sometimes as high as 20,000 per issue). It is read with
interest in and around Johnson Space Center near Houston, Texas.

Also, if you are aware of any galleries of renderings (or paintings) of
futuristic spacecraft, I'd appreciate hearing about those, too.

Thanks!

Jon
Editor, Horizons
AIAA Houston