POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Age of Innocence (Cathy's World): version #1 : Re: Age of Innocence (Cathy's World): version #1 Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:40:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Age of Innocence (Cathy's World): version #1
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 29 Nov 2006 10:18:54
Message: <456da4de@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> schreef in bericht

> There is something awesome about the works of man that have been
> abandoned.
> I see 'Age of Innocence_01.jpg' with the power cables broken and Kate
> dressed in ragged clothes. It reminds me of "The earth abides" by George
> R.
> Stewart.  http://tinyurl.com/u4aws and
> http://www.ciencia-ficcion.com/imag/op00225.jpg

Now, that would be a very different theme, and interesting to do. I
addition, I would break up the mega-structures too. Perhaps I will...
perhaps I will...

> I've been fortunate on a few occasions to have breakfast overlooking the
> Palace of Phaistos in Crete, indescribable.

I can imagine! I have been deeply impressed during my visits to Pompeii and
Herculanum, in particular at times when there were not too many tourists
around. You get the eery feeling that you are somehow straddling the time
lines.

> For industrial architecture, try walking round an offshore oil platform at
> night when there are about only twenty people awake. Massive, industrial
> and deserted.

Yes, that must be fantastic (in the POV sense). I have not been that often
on ships, but the few times I was, I always preferred to do the night
shifts. For the same reasons: few people around. Great experience!

Thomas