POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Frogs Eye View - Final : Re: Frogs Eye View - Final Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:23:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Frogs Eye View - Final
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 28 Nov 2006 06:26:13
Message: <456c1cd5@news.povray.org>
"Cousin Ricky" <ric### [at] yahoocom> wrote in message
> Yes, the improvement is quite noticeable, although i think it would look
> even better with *slightly* less randomness.  The clouds are also subtly,
> but noticeably improved, and the ground fog looks much better.

the cattails are scaled from 0.85 to 1 of the original size and the tilt in
x axis is from 2.5 to 5 degrees. as I played around with it to determine
ranges it seemed that any more was too much and any less was unnoticiable (1
degree tilt is pretty hard to see with the naked eye).

I think I'm going to played with the cloud bank isosurface for future scenes
.... found a dumb typo with the ground fog so thanks for noticing that.

> The cattails are just begging for radiosity.  Have you considered that?

using +am2 +a0.0 +r2 the render time was ~22hrs .... I've tried radiosity on
a couple of scenes and had some minor successess, but YIKES the render time
goes straight through the roof. if anyone has found how to get good results
with modest impact on render time I might be more receptive to that.

thanks for the comments
Jim