POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Age of Innocence (Cathy's World): version #1 : Re: Age of Innocence (Cathy's World): version #2 Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:23:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Age of Innocence (Cathy's World): version #2
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 28 Nov 2006 03:56:02
Message: <456bf9a2$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> schreef in bericht

> In the West coast of Scotland in the 50's we played with them. The cleet
> was
> made of metal with an eye and connected to the hoop by a small link. This
> made it harder to run with it.

Interesting how cultural features (children's games after all are also
cultural features) develop differently in different parts of the world. I
was just thinking also about the variation used in subsahara Africa using
tin boxes attached to a piece of wood. This whole process mimics, as it
were, the process of natural evolution, with independent changes following
geographic isolation. Very Darwinian :-)

>> Hold on! These images were rendered with megapov, not 3.7! [....]
>>
> It looked similar to "Tek's sea revisited" so I assumed .
> It is fun to change the settings

What worries me is the 'aspect' of the images on your side. Here, they look
normally well-contrasted in the fore- and middlegrounds, in opposition to
3.7 renders that are uniformely washed-out under certain conditions..

> BTW congratulations for your IRTC placing

Thank you! I was quite content with the result :-)

Thomas