POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : waves of stone, close up : Re: waves of stone, close up Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:24:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: waves of stone, close up
From: David El Tom
Date: 28 Nov 2006 03:25:07
Message: <456bf263$1@news.povray.org>
Tek schrieb:
> I put the camera somewhere more interesting, and tweaked the lighting and
> atmosphere a bit. Though this much higher-res image shows up some errors in
> the clouds. Also this view shows some obvious levitating rocks, and I'm not
> so fond of the boring grey rock texture...
>
> Anyway, still looks pretty dramatic so I thought I'd show it :)
>
> I'm probably going to use it as a backdrop for some 2D stuff in photoshop,
> with some figures on the overhang on the left.

nice surreal appeal ...

it looks like your using media clouds based on df3 data (banding/cell
strukture). Instead of increasing the resolution of the df3 data you may
add some turbulence *after* importing the density file. Will slow down
the render process slightly but you get rid of the cell strukture, which
is an inherent problem of density files.

... dave