POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Frogs Eye View - Final : Re: Frogs Eye View - Final Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:24:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Frogs Eye View - Final
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 27 Nov 2006 14:16:41
Message: <456b3999@news.povray.org>
"Jim Charter" <jrc### [at] msncom> wrote in message
>  Personally I think you could push the scene further by adding some
> greater regularity to the clouds somehow.  Perhaps even the ripples too
> though I am not so sure there.

I agree .... this attempt at clouds was only after I became frustrated with
trying to make clouds using concentric spheres (kind of a homebrew
sky_sphere). I just couldn't get it to look like anything but textures on
the inside of the spheres .... it just looked flat-ish (no depth). I feel
using an isosurface and filling it with media is a step in the right
direction for the effect I'm looking for .... your comments make me think
it's worth another stab.

> Also .... I thought the "Vee" of Canadian Geese added a
>> nice finish to the scene.

thanks .... a wings model I used in an older scene .... not very detailed
since they are meant to be pushed way out in the scene.

good feedback .... thanks