POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Frogs Eye View - Final : Re: Frogs Eye View - Final Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:22:20 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Frogs Eye View - Final
From: Jim Charter
Date: 27 Nov 2006 13:22:51
Message: <456b2cfb$1@news.povray.org>
Jim Holsenback wrote:

> sterile appearance .... I keep falling into the trap of having everything
> lined up just so.

Not necessarily a trap.  I personally find a "compulsion to tidiness",
if you will accept the phrase, to be very expressive and a very
encompassing metaphor.  It goes to the idea of understanding through
ordering. And, when applied to landscape, it can allude in a backhanded
manner to the chaotic in nature even as we seek to find order there.
The taunt play you have between the geometry of the cattails and the
small variation in their placement is nice.  The camera view emphasizing
the geometry of the florals is great.  Personally I think you could push
the scene further by adding some greater regularity to the clouds
somehow.  Perhaps even the ripples too though I am not so sure there.

Also, when you allow some regularizing to enter your scene, you open up
the marvelous potentials of relating the geometry of the scene objects
and their placement to the compositional potential of the containing
frame.

Also .... I thought the "Vee" of Canadian Geese added a