POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : waves of stone : Re: waves of stone Server Time
6 Aug 2024 21:39:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: waves of stone
From: Jim Charter
Date: 27 Nov 2006 12:03:37
Message: <456b1a69$1@news.povray.org>
Tek wrote:
> Well, I got bored. So last night I decided to see what my waves looked like
> if I stuck a nice landscape texture on them!

Well, besides the evocative title it made me think of this:

I was visiting my mother over the holiday and as can happen on such
visits I passed some time actually looking at the various large coffee
table books collected over the years.  I was looking at one called,
"National Geographic, The Pictures" (or similar)  There was a series of
pictures from the Canadian Arctic of, I think, wolves.  The animals were
great but what fascinated me even more was the very stange rock
forms/textures in the background.  Your render reminds me to consider
just how strange rocks can be.