POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Age of Innocence (Cathy's World): version #1 : Re: Age of Innocence (Cathy's World): version #2 Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:23:09 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Age of Innocence (Cathy's World): version #2
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 27 Nov 2006 09:57:55
Message: <456afcf3$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> schreef in bericht
> "Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote:
>>
>> In truth, I did not want to capture exactly the painting, only use it as
>> basis for my own ideas. So, there is a familiarity, but both works have
>> further nothing to do with each other.
>> Personally, I prefer the greeble megastructures as they are. In my view,
>> they are gigantic constructions on the ground but far away.
>> Yes the stick could be an addition. However, It would suggest to much a
>> pre-planned play, while I want to suggest the girl to have come on the
>> hoops
>> by chance and starting to roll them for fun.
>>

> Maybe it is a cultural thing but a cleet is a necessity otherwise there is
> no skill involved and that is essential in play. But like the other
> comments, it's your image :-)

Yes...when you want specifically to play the gird and cleet game. I remember
however, to have often played with hoops and old (bicycle) tyres without a
cleet, just because they were in the right place on the right time. The fun
was not less :-)  (not much)
But the real thing was something else, although it was not played much
anymore in the 50's. Especially in France (where I grew up) I do not
remember having seen them, except in old images typically from the beginning
of the 20th century (little boys in sailor costumes...)

> Going back to the density of your images using 3.7. The mega-structures
> look
> very different when I adjust the Gamma/Brightness/Contrast. It changes the
> whole atmosphere. I've only got M$ Photo Editor at work I particularly
> liked the image after applying a "chalk and charcoal" effect.

Hold on! These images were rendered with megapov, not 3.7! Here the
atmosphere has to remain filtered. However, playing around with
Gamma/Brightness/Contrast, or any other effect filter, will give you
interesting things. I tried for instance a very low gamma, high contrast and
low brightness. Gave a sort of moonlit scene.

Thomas