POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : waves of stone : waves of stone Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:19:10 EDT (-0400)
  waves of stone
From: Tek
Date: 25 Nov 2006 06:28:58
Message: <456828fa@news.povray.org>
Well, I got bored. So last night I decided to see what my waves looked like
if I stuck a nice landscape texture on them!

The waves are about 50% taller than in my ocean scene, and the camera's much
closer to them. The cool looking grass texture uses megapovs aoi pattern to
do a kind of fur/velvet shader thing. The grass/rock pattern is controlled
by the same pattern as the foam in the original scene (with rock where the
foam was), plus a slope factor to prevent grass on the steepest hills.
Snow's controlled by a turbulent gradient with a slope factor. Clouds are
just simple media with density based on granite with turbulence, the sky
colour comes from fog.

Not bad for only a couple of hours work :)
--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com

Post a reply to this message