POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Blurred Metal Reflection Test - ala Nemesis : Re: Blurred Metal Reflection Test - ala Nemesis Server Time
6 Aug 2024 14:21:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Blurred Metal Reflection Test - ala Nemesis
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 24 Nov 2006 16:43:50
Message: <45676796@news.povray.org>
Nice try, Billy Boy!

The only thing I would suggest to change, is the reflection itself. At the
current version, it looks like the underground is one big part only printed
in different colors - the reflection continues from tile to tile.

But if these are supposed to be real tiles, the bumpy reflection should have
its own pattern for each tile. Means, you do not create a checker ground and
add that nice bumpy surface, but you create many flat boxes besides each
other each with its bumpy reflection. Important is, that the individual
bumpy reflections stop at the borders of each tile, and continue in a
different manner with the next tile.

Hmm, my English is not so good, sorry. Did you get what i wanted to express?
I like your scene, go on with it!

Greetings,

Sven