POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tek's sea revisited : Re: Tek's sea revisited Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:27:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tek's sea revisited
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 23 Nov 2006 03:53:54
Message: <456561a2@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoysATaolDOTcom@> schreef in bericht
news:pqe9m2d6nep75994s9fhm5lujkolg35k5b@4ax.com...

> FYI
> At home using my laptop I need to do a gamma correction of 0.38 with PSP.
> It
> then looks dramatic & great.

Interesting.
I shall have to investigate this somehow. At this stage I can tell the
following (just using the current v.3.6 global settings and rendering in
v.3.7):
- 'As is', the image looks fine in the render window;
- in the viewer of Windows Explorer, the image looks washed out;
- in PSP, the image looks fine, identical to the render window;
- saving the image in PSP (without changing anything) and opening it in the
WinEx viewer, the image looks fine;

Now, of course, this is all on one machine. I have not (yet) tested it by
opening the image on another PC.

Thomas