POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : water again (did I say final? lol) : Re: water again (did I say final? lol) Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:29:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: water again (did I say final? lol)
From: Tek
Date: 22 Nov 2006 15:59:10
Message: <4564ba1e$1@news.povray.org>
"Kenneth" <kdw### [at] earthlinknet> wrote in message
> The second image is stunning.  Love that down-angle view. It concentrates
> the viewer's attention on *just* the right elements. No sky needed. But
> from the point-of-view of the IRTC topic, I suppose the sky and clouds do
> add more "complexity."

No, having thought about it for a while I definitely prefer the angle with
sky, not because of the sky or fog, but because you can see the shape of the
waves better. The overhead view tends to flatten out the waves so you get
less impression of the awesome 3D wave shapes :)

Whatever view I use it's going to be all about the water, so maybe I just
need a simpler sky that doesn't detract from the foreground.

Although I do like the complex clouds idea... mmm... I wonder how big I can
make my render time...

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com