POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tek's sea revisited : Re: Tek's sea revisited Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:25:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tek's sea revisited
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 22 Nov 2006 08:24:53
Message: <45644fa5$1@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> schreef in bericht

>> Thomas
> The sea looks very different, most of the white horses have gone and the
> foreground is smooth. Quite reflective in fact. But then you'll have
> noticed that yourself.
> What does the scene look like if the camera is placed on the other side of
> your ship, should it not look like the way it was before?

Yes, you are right! I just discovered a moment ago that I forgot to mirror
the function in the texture too!! :-(

That accounts for the loss of white horses. A new image is being brewed on
the POV burner. I shall post it later this afternoon. From what I can
already see, the white horses are back!! :-)

One reason why I did not want to move the ship (or the camera, for the time
being) is that I like the light incidence on it. However, it is mainly
because I want to play a bit with the functions and see what happens in the
present context.

I don't know, presently about the foreground. There seems to be a large
swale here. Later I shall lift the camera to see how it looks from above and
if this is recurring elsewhere.

Thomas