POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : A frog's eye view : Re: A frog's eye view Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:56:58 EDT (-0400)
  Re: A frog's eye view
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 22 Nov 2006 05:09:50
Message: <456421ee@news.povray.org>
"Thomas de Groot" <t.d### [at] internlDOTnet> wrote in message

> I certainly like this view. One thing that strikes me immediately however,
> is that the reeds need some randomness in height, scale, and angle. You
> can also suggest some wind by favouring rotation towards one direction.
>
> Thomas

thanks .... hmmm i do have a "dither" routine on the reeds that varies the
size a tad (not much). the north side of my property has reeds in the river
bed and I certainly have sat for hours pondering cattails .... they seemed
almost unusually the same height, however now that you mention it I think I
will revisit that issue and perhaps add a bit of a tilt and rotation as well
to stir things up a bit .... thanks for the feedback