POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Tek's sea revisited : Re: Tek's sea revisited Server Time
6 Aug 2024 17:02:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Tek's sea revisited
From: Thomas de Groot
Date: 21 Nov 2006 10:47:59
Message: <45631faf@news.povray.org>
Thanks guys!!

Yes, like you all mention, there are all kind of problems showing here. This
was just a quick render so see how the ship would perform/look.

Stephen:
Yes, what you see probably, is the prow coming out of a wave. But there seem
also to be some spray in front. It looks kind of weird indeed.
And yes, the waves seem to come from the left. So the ship is tacking upwind
:-)   I'm kidding. In this situation the sails should at least be turned the
other way round. And the ship leans the wrong side. Liek I said, I didn't
know how the environment would look...

George:
Thanks. No, this is nothing really special :-) Just experimenting to see how
things would look. I wait for your XRS!!!

EagleSun:
Thanks too. Transparency: see also Stephen's. I don't think transparency is
an issue, but I have other colors in mind... The ship is rather basic (I
think now, not when I built it!). The sky is Tek's. Could be something else
of course.

Thomas