POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : sea buoy : Re: sea buoy Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:23:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: sea buoy
From: Thibaut Jonckheere
Date: 20 Nov 2006 15:18:31
Message: <45620d97$1@news.povray.org>
>> However.... is the gull not missing a tail???  :-)
>

>   yes... and the wings too! And I'm wondering if you would have
> recognized it as a gull if it were not in a sea context... my organic
> modeling skills suck!

If you are not against 3rd parties model, you can find a free seagull
model there : http://tinyurl.com/yx7muc
(full link :
http://www.renderosity.com/mod/freestuff/search.php?section_id=-1&query=seagull&sort=relevancy&use_age=no&older_age=&older_units=day&newer_age=&newer_units=day&username=

It is a poser model, with several different UVmap available for the
different species, so if you use Poser you can easily get many
differents seagulls with different poses. And even if you don't use
Poser, there is a .obj model which you can import and tweak in Wings.
The licence of use is quite ok, as far as I can tell...

Thibaut