POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Abyss : Re: The Abyss Server Time
6 Aug 2024 23:26:16 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Abyss
From: Sven Littkowski
Date: 17 Nov 2006 07:43:26
Message: <455dae6e@news.povray.org>
Here the latest developments, all rendered with the latest beta version.

The overview shows the current environment and an idea of the underwater
base layout. However, the beta version does not render the media the way it
should, as a result the water is missing some details. There are still many
placeholders for the moduls I have to develop (the small, multi-colored
cylinders).

The other picture let's you have a look inside one of the tunnel sections.
Due the development as macro, it is easy to configure the individual tunnel
sections and even place different signs inside each tunnel section! Doors
can open and close!

On a later stage, each module will have a nicely and detailed developed
interior design. I am also adding scuba divers, equipment and staff members
to the scene. I am on a search for deep sea lifeforms I can include to this
POV-Ray scene.

Greetings,

Sven

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'Deep Sea - Overview.jpg' (42 KB) Download 'Deep Sea - Tunnel Inside.jpg' (45 KB)

Preview of image 'Deep Sea - Overview.jpg'
Deep Sea - Overview.jpg

Preview of image 'Deep Sea - Tunnel Inside.jpg'
Deep Sea - Tunnel Inside.jpg