POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : artistic water final - IRTC WIP : Re: artistic water final - IRTC WIP Server Time
7 Aug 2024 00:15:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: artistic water final - IRTC WIP
From: Tek
Date: 17 Nov 2006 03:05:47
Message: <455d6d5b$1@news.povray.org>
I had a similar idea, but the trouble is to fade in a different isosurface
on the foamy sections you need to know where those foamy sections are, i.e.
you need to modulate it by the wave function, and a smooth function
modulated by a function with hard edges is going to have hard edges. As far
as I can see this paradox is inescapable.

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com