POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : water again (did I say final? lol) : Re: water again (did I say final? lol) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:26:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: water again (did I say final? lol)
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Nov 2006 12:23:13
Message: <455c9e81$1@news.povray.org>
Tek wrote:
> Really? Every time I've seen things underwater in the ocean it's been very
> hard to see any kind of distance.

It depends how warm the water is, as well as the rest of the effects. In
cold water, algae can live, and they're usually maybe 6 inches deep down
to four or five feet deep, because they have to avoid being exposed to
direct sun, but close enough to get the light.  A storm would stir them up.

Down south, where the main source of opacity is inorganic life (i.e.,
sand), deep water stays clear near the top even in fairly violent storms.

Of course, the scuba still sucks after a storm, because the things you
want to look at are all near the bottom, not the surface.

--
   Darren New / San Diego, CA, USA (PST)
     Scruffitarianism - Where T-shirt, jeans,