POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : water again (did I say final? lol) : Re: water again (did I say final? lol) Server Time
7 Aug 2024 01:25:27 EDT (-0400)
  Re: water again (did I say final? lol)
From: Tek
Date: 16 Nov 2006 10:42:56
Message: <455c8700@news.povray.org>
"Stephen" <mcavoys_AT_aolDOT.com> wrote in message
> Although waves are said to be fractal and it is difficult to get a sense
> of
> scale from them the foam defines the scale for me. I would say that these
> waves are no more that two meters high. (The lifebelt reinforces this)
> This
> jars with the scale of ship, to my eyes. You know RL often does not
> measure
> up to our imagination -)
> Can you change the ship for a yacht? (Shakes both hands in a Tommy Cooper
> movement :-). I'm sorry if I sound nitpicking but it is such good sea it
> deserves the best.

I think perhaps you're confused about what ship I'm using. if you look
closely you might notice this is no longer a huge ocean liner, I've replaced
it with a more appropriatly scaled trawler (as noted in my first post in
this thread).

To make this a bit more visible, here's a render without any water, and one
with the boat moved closer to the camera & life ring for comparison of
scale.

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'boatclose.jpg' (76 KB) Download 'nowater.jpg' (51 KB)

Preview of image 'boatclose.jpg'
boatclose.jpg

Preview of image 'nowater.jpg'
nowater.jpg