POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : Sphere_Sweep Difficulties : Re: Sphere_Sweep Difficulties Server Time
6 Aug 2024 17:00:07 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Sphere_Sweep Difficulties
From: How Camp
Date: 15 Nov 2006 12:10:49
Message: <455b4a19$1@news.povray.org>
"nemesis" <nam### [at] gmailcom> wrote in message
> why's everything so small?  camera angle of 1.5?!
>
> perhaps that's the problem:  you're getting low accuracy from getting into
> microscopic realm... also, i heard sphere_sweeps have issues when they are
> very big.  perhaps they also have problems when very small...

Hrmph.  You're right, of course.  I got carried away in my scene, forgot I
had zoomed in to look at some detail or other, thought how neat it would be
to put a sphere_sweep riiiight here... and it's no wonder I've got weird
problems.  Once I backed out and made my shape correctly, things settled
down.

Thanks for the reality check, Nemesis!

- Humble How