POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Abyss : Re: The Abyss Server Time
6 Aug 2024 17:00:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Abyss
From: Tek
Date: 14 Nov 2006 13:51:34
Message: <455a1036$1@news.povray.org>
Well to get that blur you'd need to use focal blur, that will make it render
slower. For those glowing small particles I'd probably cheat and use small
discs or spheres placed randomly near the camera. Incidentally the reason
those particles are so visible is that the light in that photo is mounted
near the camera, meaning particles very close to the camera are very
brightly lit, and things in the distance are much darker than they would be
just from the fogging in the water, because of the falloff of the light away
from the camera.

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com