POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : artistic water final - IRTC WIP : Re: artistic water final - IRTC WIP Server Time
7 Aug 2024 00:19:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: artistic water final - IRTC WIP
From: Jim Charter
Date: 14 Nov 2006 10:46:14
Message: <4559e4c6$1@news.povray.org>
Thomas de Groot wrote:
> That's a thoughtful analysis, Jim. Thank you.
>
> I suppose that all this is the reason why, when I saw this last image by
> Tek, I was immediately reminded of Hokusai's Big Wave, or some marines from
> the 17th/18th century.

In fact, as soon as I read the title, and before I opened the image, I
remembered this one:
http://www.irtc.org/ftp/pub/stills/2000-08-31/dmwave.jpg

But yes, the portrayal of water might be a fascinating subplot to the
history of art, but I have never come across such a treatment.  I wonder
what Gombrich might have said about it.

Also there are pictures like this that I grew up with and loved:
http://www.ago.net/www/picture.three/harris.jpg
http://tinyurl.com/ylzcm6