POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.unofficial.patches : Megapov XRS Server v2.1.1 and pyxrsclient 0.6.10 released. Important update= : Re: Megapov XRS Server v2.1.1 and pyxrsclient 0.6.10 released. Important update= Server Time
30 Apr 2024 03:20:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Megapov XRS Server v2.1.1 and pyxrsclient 0.6.10 released. Important update=
From: Ryan Bennitt
Date: 13 Nov 2006 14:36:07
Message: <4558c927@news.povray.org>
Woohoo, after much pain working out how to use Cygwin (mostly working out
which packages I needed installed), I've finally got both server and client
working on my main PC. Now to remember how I did it so I can get the server
working on my second PC...

Just one thing that took me ages to work out, I couldn't get it working
until I stuck all my scene files under /usr/local/share/povray-3.6/scenes
(Which translates to C:\cygwin\usr\local\share\povray-3.6\scenes under
Windows). What was the reasoning behind this? All my scene files are
normally stored on my D: drive (/cygdrive/d/...) where there's more space,
but XRS seems to complain if it doesn't find a folder named "scenes" in the
path.

Otherwise, this seems like a very cool addition to pov. Now to eliminate
those radiosity tiling artifacts...

Ryan