POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Light: Looks-Alike Problem : Re: Light: Looks-Alike Problem Server Time
1 Sep 2024 12:18:38 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Light: Looks-Alike Problem
From: Chris B
Date: 13 Nov 2006 04:35:22
Message: <45583c5a$1@news.povray.org>
"Sven Littkowski" <sve### [at] jamaica-focuscom> wrote in message
> Hi Chris B.,
>
> I am using the latest beta 3.7. My problem is, that the little sphere is
> enlighted, but that there is no light spot at the underground I put the
> little sphere atop. Usually, it should behave light a tiny lightbulb. But
> just the sphere is bright, the environment near to the sphere is still
> dark...
>
> It looks like the sphere blocks the flow of the light.
>
> Sven

Hi Sven,

Hmm. I do get a light spot on the plane that I put beneath the light_source.
Obviously it has to be within range of the 'fade' specified, so anything
more than a couple of POV-Ray units away isn't going to get much light, but
that would be the case with or without the 'looks_like' clause, so I'm
assuming that's not your problem.

Just a thought;- did you check the release notes for the 3.7 Beta to make
sure the various features that you're using are fully implemented?  As well
as the 'looks_like' clause I'd recommend checking for any surface features
or media features that you're using that might be incomplete in that Beta
test version.

Regards,
Chris B.