POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : artistic water final - IRTC WIP : Re: artistic water final - IRTC WIP Server Time
6 Aug 2024 16:55:28 EDT (-0400)
  Re: artistic water final - IRTC WIP
From: Tek
Date: 12 Nov 2006 23:28:51
Message: <4557f483@news.povray.org>
"Tor Olav Kristensen" <tor### [at] TOBEREMOVEDgmailcom> wrote in message
> I have a suspicion that this may be caused by a defect in one of
> POV-Ray's noise generators.

Your ones might be, but mine are just the "ridges" in the "ridged" mf. They
look fine when they occur on the smoother parts of the ocean, in fact they
look great, but foam shouldn't be able to have sharp edges.

I can't really think of a way to smooth off ridges in a ridged fractal, so
I'll just try to cover it up with some mist/spray effects!

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com