POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : artistic water final - IRTC WIP : Re: artistic water final - IRTC WIP Server Time
6 Aug 2024 17:00:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: artistic water final - IRTC WIP
From: Tor Olav Kristensen
Date: 12 Nov 2006 18:44:47
Message: <4557b1ef@news.povray.org>
St. wrote:
>   Overall Tek, that is a nice image. :o)  But, the one thing that stands out
> to me is that straight line on the high crest in (almost) the centre of the
> image.

As many has said before me: The sea is great !

But I was about to comment on the same as Steve mentions above.

Similar annoying lines have appeared in several of my isosurface
images too.

In the attached image, some of these lines are marked with arrows.

I have a suspicion that this may be caused by a defect in one of
POV-Ray's noise generators.

--
Tor Olav
http://subcube.com

Post a reply to this message

Attachments:
Download 'isosurface_terrain_lines.jpg' (152 KB)

Preview of image 'isosurface_terrain_lines.jpg'
isosurface_terrain_lines.jpg