POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.images : The Abyss : Re: The Abyss Server Time
6 Aug 2024 17:02:26 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The Abyss
From: Tek
Date: 11 Nov 2006 08:11:37
Message: <4555cc09@news.povray.org>
I'm using an emitting and absorbing media, you can tweak the colours of the
two effects independently so you can get a much more realistic look. The
absorption affects the colour things fade when close to you, emission
controls the colour things fade in the distance (although it's multiplied by
the absorption colour)

My water's interior is this:
   ior 1.33
   media {
    absorption rgb 1/<.1,1,.7>
    emission rgb .1*<.0,.1,.2>
    density {
     rgb .2
    }
   }

I've written the absorption as 1/something so it's easier to see what colour
it will appear, though obviously that colour can't have any zeros because it
would get division by zero!

--
Tek
http://evilsuperbrain.com